“Thiols: key players in the redox regulation of cellular functions”
February 28th –March 1st 2019 , Jacksonville, Uruguay
Thiols in proteins and cofactors serve catalytic, structural, metal-binding and regulatory functions and they are key to metabolism, signaling, antioxidant defense and protein folding. The symposium will take place at the end of the international course "Redox Chemistry and Biology of Thiols" that will be held at Institut Pasteur Montevideo from 18-27 February 2019.
The symposium will bring together investigators with expertise in the field of oxidative stress and thiol-based redox signaling and regulation.
Registration is free and we welcome submissions of abstracts (300 words) focusing on these topics, to be presented either orally or as a poster (please indicate preference).
- Application deadline: February 13th2019
- Beatriz Alvarez, Facultad de Ciencias y Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- Marcelo Comini, Institut Pasteur Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Gustavo Salinas, Institut Pasteur Montevideo and Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- Madia Trujillo, Facultad de Medicina y Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.