The course will provide fundamentals for structural biology applications for redox events in proteins such as post-translational oxidative modifications, aggregation and redox catalysis. A problem-based focus will show how structural biology approaches can be applied to understand and resolve functional aspects in model proteins. Methods to be discuss includes: Resonance Raman, X-ray crystallography, Molecular Dynamics, EPR, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism , NMR.
The Multiple lives of cytochrome c
Superoxide dismutation: how to be a hyper-efficient enzyme
Performing redox reactions with fast protein thiols
Redox processes in protein aggregation
- Alejandro Buschiazzo, Institut Pasteur de Montevideo
- Darío Estrín, Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Richard Garratt, Universidad de San Pablo
- Luciana Hannibal, Freiburg University
- Daniel Murgida, Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Javier Santos, Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Alejandro Vila, Universidad Nacional de Rosario
Applicants and How to Apply
The course is directed to advanced PhD students, postdoctoral fellows and young researchers.
Financial support is available for a number of selected regional students to cover transportation
Deadline: September, 10th.
More information: ceinbio.udelar.edu.uy